Ministry of Lands, Housing & Urban Development is a Government Ministry responsible for all matters concerning lands, housing and urban development.
The ministry is also tasked to put in place policies and initiate laws responsible for sustainable land management aimed at promoting sustainable housing for all and fostering orderly urban development in the country.
The Ministry commonly Known as Ministry of Lands has several Directorates which include: Lands; Physical Planning and Urban Development; and Directorate of Housing.
Land and housing in Uganda is among the fastest growing industries in the country and the economy and population grow.
Ministry of Lands, Housing & Urban Development is mandated to:
• Formulate national policies, strategies and programmes in the lands, housing and urban development sectors;
• Initiate, review and make amendments to existing legislation in lands, housing and urban development sub sectors;
• Set national standards for matters regarding sustainable use and development of land and provision of safe, planned and improved housing/human settlements;
• Monitor and coordinate initiatives in the Local Governments as regards the lands, housing and urban development sub sectors;
• Provide support, supervision and technical back-stopping to Local Governments on matters regarding lands, housing and urban development;
• Make new maps and update existing ones;
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders for the mobilization of resources in support of national lands, housing and urban development initiatives;
• Liaise with neighboring countries for the proper maintenance of territorial boundaries;
• Provide guidance and effective management of lands, housing and urbanization;
• Mobilization of financial and technical assistance for the development of lands, housing and urban development sub sectors.
Minister of Information and Communications Technology, Hon. Daudi Migereko provides political leadership to the entire Ministry.
Plot 13 - 15 Parliament Avenue
P.O. Box 7096 Kampala
Phone: (256) - 414 - 373511
Fax: (256) - 414 – 230891